Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crib Tent Opinion Soliciting

Anybody have opinions on the little tents that cover the tops of cribs so babies can't climb out? I don't think E has figured it out yet, but he's starting to think about climbing stuff, and that is a HUGE fear of mine...

6 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i have no experience w them

HereWeGoAJen said...

I know a few people who have used them and loved them. I was too worried about her getting tangled up in it to use one myself. That one is MY huge fear, worse than climbing.

Heather said...

I haven't used one, but you probably have more time than you think before he tries to jump ship. Here's another option that Laurie is using for Ethan (who is SUPER tall)...you could put him in a really lightweight sleep sack at night, and then he can't swing his leg over the side! :-) Personally, the crib tents freak me out a little bit from a safety perspective.

Christina said...

My friend used one and for her it worked great for about a year. Then her daughter learned how to unzip the crib tent!

Barb said...

Thanks for all the different viewpoints!

jjiraffe said...

My cribs were irregularly shaped on top, so we were never able to use them. But, our twins sleep in fall asleep in actual tents (Kidco sells them). They're just not into their beds.

PS: I gave you an award: at my site :)