Dear Pampers,
We didn't originally intend to go with your diapers, but got some just in case. Everyone told us they were more leak proof than the brand with the less smelly, more natural diapers we wanted to use, so we decided to trust them. It's a good thing we did, because your Pampers Sensitive in size N, 1 and 2 were wonderful, almost never leaked and didn't seem quite as harsh as some other diapers. Even though we preferred the contents of some other companies, it just didn't work.
Then the little man got larger. We searched for Pampers Sensitive in size 3. Imagine our delight when we found them and ordered them online! We got them and saw that they said "Dry Max." Weird. The other ones didn't have that. We opened them anyway. Our delight turned to annoyance when we found that they are nothing like the original sensitive diapers. There's no wet stripe (not a biggie), no mesh liner (a biggie), and they smell as if they've been dipped in a literal VAT of chemicals. How could a diaper be labeled "sensitive" and smell like that?? We find them not as absorbent, not as comfy for our baby, and not as pleasing as the smaller sizes. Why would you basically take some regular dry max Pampers diapers and label them sensitive? We used them in order to keep our son away from some of the awful ingredients in diapers. He's used to wearing cloth diapers (BumGenius 3.0) when he's not at day care, so he certainly can handle a little wetness. And we're not going to let him sit in a wet diaper forever. Please, please consider a more natural and actually sensitive alternative.
Signed,
A very displeased and bummed FCiF
p.s. Since just wearing them a couple of times gave him a red bum and some red bumps, I'd really like my more than $20 back. We don't have enough money to be wasting on horrible products.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We just used the regular (not sensitive) Pampers Cruisers and loved them until the arrival of the evil Dry Max. It gave Z quite the red little buttom. So, we have switched to Huggies Pure and Natural and they seem to be ok,
Agh,,,that is horrible. I wish companies wouldn't try to pull shit over on us.
I heard that the dry max ones caused chemical burns on some kids so we've never bought them. I personally hate Pampers.
We buy the generic Target brand, I think it's Up and Up and they don't have the chemical smell to them and they absorb just fine.
I totally agreed with you on them being great in sizes N-2. After that, I changed over to Hu.ggies. I found H to be a superior diaper to the Pa.mpers after that point.
Have you tried Nature Babycare? We LOVE them. They size on the small side (for example, Maya's been in size 3s since she was 13lbs) but they ROCK!
I was IN LOVE with pampers when I had Nola and cant stand any other brands HOWEVER...I found a new favorite Huggies (who I typically hate) organic brnad diapers....they are the sofest diaper you will ever tough!!!
I’m LaToya from Pampers. I’m so sorry your family had this experience. I have two little ones so I can imagine your frustration having to worry about your new baby. Our number one purpose at Pampers is about caring for babies, so these comments mean a lot to us. The Swaddlers Sensitives do contain the Dry Max technology but only in sizes 3 and 4. The mesh liner is available in the smaller sizes, as it’s used to keep the runny mess away from infant’s skin. As the baby gets bigger, their “poo” is more formed and the mesh liner is no longer needed. In fact, before we removed the mesh liner from Cruisers, we tested both liners with moms and moms actually preferred the new, softer liner opposed to the mesh liner. A small amount of fragrance is added, however, between the backsheet and therefore is not touching the baby’s skin. But a “chemical smell” is not expected at all. These diapers are indeed sensitive. Swaddlers Sensitives has more lotion and both the ears and outer cover are breathable to help maintain the natural healthy look of your new baby’s skin. I hope this answers your questions. When you get the time we would like for you to call and tell us more about your experiences (1-877-256-3265). We may also be able to give you more answers. Again, I apologize for your experience and I hope you call us soon.
Post a Comment