- It must fit well in a Honda Civic
- The fabric won't be cloying and overly hot.
- Safe rear facing as heavy as it can go (remember - giant.)
- Not completely awful to move from car to car.
- Under $200
And any other points you care to enlighten me on. Have some input?
6 comments:
Are you really stuck on being able to move it? It is a real pain in my opinion to do so.
We have both a Britax Marathon and a Graco My Ride 65. Although the Britax cost a lot more, I prefer the Graco and it RFs to 40 lbs and is only $150. The cupholders are a life saver for us, for putting his sippy cup and some snacks.
Definitely go to Babies R Us and try it out in your car though whatever you get. You don't have to buy it from them, but they will let you take models out to your car and try them out.
MyRide65. It's rear facing longer than any of the others, I think, and if you watch for deals, you can get one pretty cheap. I think we found our second one for like $110 or something. Babies R Us has 20% off coupons and we got ours from Bed Bath and Beyond, on sale and with a 20% off.
Plus, it isn't a huge pain to move between cars. No more than any seat, anyway. Not something you'd want to do every day though.
Barb, on LP "all mommies" board, Beck has a wonderful post titled "Car seat questions - ask away."
I wanted the Graco MyRide 65 and it wouldn't fit at all in my Scion TC. I think my car is probably a little smaller than yours and we have the Graco ComfortSport. I bought one from Target and the other from Wal-Mart. They're great, don't take up too much room and work till 40 pounds (30 pounds rear facing).
we have evenflow titans that are great
LOVE our Britax Marathon. I think you can get it for under $200 if you find the right sale and the right coupon, and it's safe rear-facing up to 35 pounds, I think. Or maybe higher than that...can't quite remember. Their safety scores were very impressive to me. Also - very simple to move!
Post a Comment