Monday, March 30, 2009

Unwise Choices

I had tiramisu yesterday. You'd think that would be a happy thing right? I'm lactose intolerant AND on Metformin. Yup yup - it was a really bad decision with a very unhappy outcome. But it's my favorite dessert, and it was so goooooooood!

10 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I've never liked tiramisu since the first time I had it and I accidentally inhaled a whole bunch of cinnamon and nearly died from choking. Maybe you should try that.

Kristin said...

ROFL at Jen's solution. Its horrible when yo love something that's bad for you

Jen said...

I'm so jealous...I love tiramisu!

Liz said...

I'm hoping you have two commentors called Jen, otherwise there is some serious split personality action going on!

Christina said...

But I sort of think that tiramisu is worth all the pain, especially if it was really good tiramisu!

Barb said...

I do Liz. Thanks for your concern. hehe.

Jen - so do I, but I'm so picky! NO rum in mine.. just espresso. And it's got to be REAL marscapone cheese. None of this stupid cream cheese crap. And the lady fingers have to be good too. :)

Kristin - I got a chuckle from that too. And I curse my body regularly for that.

Christina - oooh it was. Macaroni Grill. Though I think Olive Garden's might still be a bit better.

AwkwardMoments said...

We call these "Met Moments" at my house.

Glad you lived it up!

Me said...

I could probably get away with eating HALF a tiramisu. But a whole one - no way. Even before I went on the met, I woulda got an upset tummy from all the sugar. :(

P.S. Tiramisu is my favorite too.

Michelle said...

LOL...I feel ya on that.

Jamie said...

Mmmm . . . as long as you got to enjoy it for a minute!