Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blame

I am in love, and it's all Jen's fault.

When I am studying, I need some sort of mind candy for the little breaks from the intensity. Jen lent me her copy of A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle, and I've been using that. What a weaver of words that author is! It's somewhat shocking that I have never read her before, but somehow I just never got around to it. The author that I think is the best word crafter of the writers I adore is Robin McKinley. I think Ms. L'Engle just stood right up in line next to her.

Now back to my regularly scheduled studying.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

I know! I read about it on Jen's blog and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. I've got to buy me a new copy.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Ooh hooray! I'm so glad you have good taste in books too. She is one of my very favoritest writers of all time. And, my darling, she wrote 63 books, so you have only just begun. They get even better. We shall get you through all the good ones. Call your library and get A Wind in the Door next, since I don't have an auxiliary copy of that.

Kristin said...

It has been years since I read that book. I may just have to find my copy and reread it.

Steph said...

When I read it the first time 20 years ago, I just didn't get into it. I would love to read it now and see if i love it.

Karen said...

I read it when I was a teenager and loved it! She was my favorite author at that time. I wonder if all her books are still in my parents' attic . . .

Heather said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT????? I cannot believe you haven't read that book!! I loved it! Can't wait for you to finish!

the Babychaser: said...

I read that entire series several times through Jr. High and HS. She was one of my favorite authors.

Wonder how they'd hold up now?

Hummingbird said...

I love that book too!