- It's still hot as blazes, but yesterday I noticed that the morning sun had a slightly fall-like cast to it. Hallelujah!
- It's also been cooler at night - meaning our electric bill will go down. Whew!
- I dreamed about pregnancy again last night. It was exhilarating. Funny though how in my dreams, I never realize I'm pregnant until the baby basically begins kicking.
- I also have been having some tantalizing type dreams. They're almost never graphic though. I've decided it's because I just love the delicious anticipation of what may come next. So in my dreams, that just drags on and on and on...
- We found a wonderful little Mom & Pop Italian place! (Best Marsala EVER)
- Perhaps the Met is doing something good since I'm having those dreams this early in my cycle, and my bbt is fairly stable for once.
I called the doctor and she suggested that I go back to 500mg for a week or until all my side effects disappear - including the drowsiness. Then I can up it back to 1000. I'm so gun shy now that I think I may just cut the second 500mg in half to make it 750 for a few days just to be sure. My body has slowly been returning to normal since then, but I've been uber cautious. Dear Hub made me some eggs to take with me for work on Saturday, and that's all I ate for breakfast. Then I had a small cup of Mott's peach (no sugar added) applesauce for a snack. I was so hungry for lunch that I risked a whole wheat bread sandwich with unseasoned chicken breast, one very small slice of cheese, tomato and a lettuce leaf. That went down ok! Now I'm off to the grocery store to try to buy foods that I can actually eat. It's much more expensive to be sure, but I'm willing to give this therapy a serious try, and to do that, I have to have foods I can handle. I still plan on posting some of my yummy ideas, but just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I could do it on Fridays and call it Fun Food Fridays?
XO and wish me luck.
FCiF
9 comments:
I cannot wait for a little less heat! Summer in Florida is like winter everywhere else. Too hot to go outside.
HEY GIRL... did you try to take them both at night.. thats what i do and you literally sleep through the side effects.. i sometimes am a lil nauseous in the morning but nothing a lil breakfast wont help.. Also if you still get bad stomach issues.. ask if they can switch you to Glumetza.. it is the same med, time release but easier on your stomach... i havent had any additional issues on the Glumetza.. its so much better then Met with the same results as met..
i hope you start feeling better... :)
Ooh, "Fun Food Fridays" has a good ring to it; I'd participate if you made it a weekly connection thing!
And I am SO ready for fall! Can't you smell the PA fall already? Leaves turning, apple cider, pumpkin pie (sugarless?)...mmm...
Thanks for the updated and that you are willing to give this therapy a chance. And yes, you do need foods you can actually eat! In Texas too, summer is like winter in the north, the season you endure toward the end.
UGH, I am sorry the Met is not being kind to you. I ate loads and load of whole grain brown rice (unlce ben's) and black beans while on met. (i don't know if you like that or not) but it's a suggestion
Met sounds like a nightmare, hope it settles soon. I dreamt I had three wombs last night. Three! and not one of them working.
Oh god, I can't imagine how much that must suck. I've had a lot of bad side effects from my drugs, but never anything affecting my digestive system. I'm feeling a bit lucky right now.
I hope you find the right approach, which will allow you to eat (which I hear is important for, you know, LIVING) while still pursuing this protocol.
Good luck!
SG - Mmm PA fall. Enjoy it for me. :) I miss a lot of that stuff. Not the cold though.. never the cold.
Seastar - Hang in there! Winter is coming! :)
Thanks Farah. I do like brown rice. Beans though I'm a bit more picky about. I think I'm going to have to force myself to eat a bit more of them. Were you still on Met when you conceived? I thought so, but can't remember for sure.
WFI - Geez. Is that like a cow's stomachs or something? That dream says a lot huh?
BC - I've had loads of other side effects too. Let's make a club. ;) Thanks for the well wishes.
Yuck - I never knew people had such reactions to Met. Good luck with your grocery shopping!
Post a Comment