Thursday, March 13, 2008

Debbie Downer

Thanks for all your fun happy thoughts!

Either the daylight saving time really screwed me up (time and sleep changes tend to do that easily to me), or I got a bad bottle of Synthroid. A lot of my hypothyroid symptoms are creeping back in. My body temperatures are ridiculously low, and by low I mean I'm thinking, "That can't be right! Am I dead?" My skin is also much drier, hair more coarse, and I'm losing more of it, and I'm so fatigued but am not sleeping well. There are lots of other symptoms too (anxiety anyone?) It has been slowly getting worse. If I feel like this tomorrow, I'm calling the doctor. Is it possible to get a dud bunch of pills?

On the bright side of things, this was my fortune cookie tonight:

You will be singled out for promotion.

Man I hope so. I can't do this overtime and shoestring budget thing forever.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that either scenario is entirely possible.

I had one late night last week (1am), have had plenty of sleep since, and am still feeling it. Daylight saving is about to end for us which I think will be good for me 'cos I get to go to bed an hour earlier!

Equally, you can definitely get a bad batch of pills. I had one a couple of bottles ago and it took me a couple of weeks to realise.

That fortune cookie better be right. You deserve it! xx

Anonymous said...

hang on. wrong. i put the clock back, don't i? crap. that means I lose an hour. oops. i'm a dork.

Barb said...

hahahahaha. Cracked me up Chips! Thanks for the laugh. I needed it. (Your last comment)

Thanks for the advice too. I do know that just a day or two of not getting enough sleep or a messed up time change can last for a while with me. It's the other symptoms that have me worried. Ugh. I hate this.

Allison said...

Are you on generic synthroid? My CE said the generic can have different absorption rates depending on the batch. He forbade me to use it. Definitely go see your doc. Those are all tell-tale signs. Sorry you're feeling crappy!

Barb said...

Thanks Allison. I am not on generic synthroid. I think I'm going to call the doc tomorrow just to see.

Kathy V said...

I am sorry that you are feeling not right. I think it is possible to have a bum medication. Hopefully all things get straightened out soon and you start feeling better soon.

AwkwardMoments said...

I say call the dr regardless - if you don't feel "right" it's worth a call. Maybe the weekend is what you need

Hilary (Maya Papaya) said...

The time change totally messed with me.

Hope you feel better tomorrow!

Stephanie said...

Hope you get this straightened out fast and feel better soon. Try to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend. :)

I hope the fortune comes true, that would be awesome!

Me said...

Daylight savings always messes with me too!