... with a dash of some extras.
Here's what I had written last April:
1. Run a 5K
2. Read the whole Bible. I'm 34 and have only ever read parts. I need to do it if I'm going to agree and disagree with parts of Christianity.
3. Finish the kitchen and hallway painting/fix if projects
4. Fix up the garden
5. Organize the garage with shelves.
6. Get a service for the air conditioner.
7. Pamper myself with a massage, GOOD hair cut and new make up/skin care projects.
I am nowhere near running a 5K. I had gotten to the point where running caused me to crash so hard I couldn't even take care of E. I have instead been doing long, brisk walks on the weekends. It's not enough, but now with some advice from my new GP, I think I'm going to take a stab at it again.
Reading the whole Bible... well, I've read a small portion of the Old Testament and am now reading the book of Matthew in the New Testament. I want to read it carefully, and that takes time. But I continue to read weekly. I'm also reading it in conjunction with a very thought provoking book called, If the Church Were Christian by Philip Gulley. I recommend it for those in my conundrum. You know who you are.
The kitchen is almost entirely painted! I just need one more coat on two sections of wall, and we're done! Lots of other fix-it projects still loom.
Strawberries are planted. That's as far as we're getting with gardening.
Number 5. HAH
Service obtained for A/C. I like them. Woot!
No massage yet. (Sad face). But I've gotten a good hair cut and skin care regimen! I even have a hair dresser I will revisit! Yay!
And on the extras... we have found a few companies Hub might like working for in Virginia and Pennsylvania. And as a super optimistic side note, our house is now ALMOST worth half what we paid for it! That's an increase of 5% over last year! Maybe we'll someday be able to sell.
Here's what I had written last April:
1. Run a 5K
2. Read the whole Bible. I'm 34 and have only ever read parts. I need to do it if I'm going to agree and disagree with parts of Christianity.
3. Finish the kitchen and hallway painting/fix if projects
4. Fix up the garden
5. Organize the garage with shelves.
6. Get a service for the air conditioner.
7. Pamper myself with a massage, GOOD hair cut and new make up/skin care projects.
I am nowhere near running a 5K. I had gotten to the point where running caused me to crash so hard I couldn't even take care of E. I have instead been doing long, brisk walks on the weekends. It's not enough, but now with some advice from my new GP, I think I'm going to take a stab at it again.
Reading the whole Bible... well, I've read a small portion of the Old Testament and am now reading the book of Matthew in the New Testament. I want to read it carefully, and that takes time. But I continue to read weekly. I'm also reading it in conjunction with a very thought provoking book called, If the Church Were Christian by Philip Gulley. I recommend it for those in my conundrum. You know who you are.
The kitchen is almost entirely painted! I just need one more coat on two sections of wall, and we're done! Lots of other fix-it projects still loom.
Strawberries are planted. That's as far as we're getting with gardening.
Number 5. HAH
Service obtained for A/C. I like them. Woot!
No massage yet. (Sad face). But I've gotten a good hair cut and skin care regimen! I even have a hair dresser I will revisit! Yay!
And on the extras... we have found a few companies Hub might like working for in Virginia and Pennsylvania. And as a super optimistic side note, our house is now ALMOST worth half what we paid for it! That's an increase of 5% over last year! Maybe we'll someday be able to sell.
2 comments:
I don't even want to think about the Florida real estate market. I just did our taxes today and so I know exactly how much we lost on that house this year...and every year.
You are doing good! Keep up the good work.
I didn't do a great job on my 2012 list, partly because the 2 things we did do: list the house, and move, didn't work out so great. it's hard to buy a second car when you're paying for two houses, right? Ah, housing. Here's to a housing boom for both of us!
Post a Comment