Help please. My baby, who always went to sleep well, is starting to fight it with all his might. Is it developmental? He's starting to stand and try to walk. Is it becoming a toddler? Is it wanting to play? Is it wanting to spend more time with Mommy and Daddy? Is it a growth spurt? Teething? How have you responded to this? He even went back to sleeping with me a few nights!
Addendum: Hub just walked him in, and put him in the crib. There was some angry yelling for a few minutes, but nothing like when I first put him in and nothing like it's been the past week. WTH??
And Happy New Year's Eve
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm going to vote developmental. He's at that kind of age. Of course, it could be in the air or something too because we've been having morning go-back-to-sleep-already fights for the last week. I blame Christmas.
My children always did a sleep revolt whenever they were mastering a new skill. Always always always. It never lasts long. I remember both of them doing this when they started walking, and then once they had taken those first steps they slept like Rip Van Winkle for a week. It will pass.
And yeah, I found that switching the putter-to-bedder helps. (Honestly, I mostly let my husband put the kids down if he is home. They do so much better. I think they know mommy is a soft touch. Those babies, they are cleverer than they let on.)
It is almost definitely developmental. As for him going to bed easier for your hubby, that is totally normal. Kids play games like that.
Big yep on this one too. We read a book when Baby Bean was first born that helps you teach them how to sleep through the night. It mentioned this phase. It will pass.
I agree with all the above. Historically, Skeeter has been a fantastic sleeper but we're going through some weird transition phase right now and all schedules are out. I also blame Christmas a little bit, too.
What Rebecca said. :-)
Post a Comment