I had a pretty bad couple of days this week. Then, in the middle of the day today it's like something just went "click!" in my brain, and it was better. I swear, hormones have to be playing a messy part in all this. It was literally that quick. In the span of a half an hour, I felt like laughing and joking, and I was confident to be myself again. No wallowing or sadness. One thing I did do differently today was that I tried to be very cautious about what I ate. I tried to act more like I would if I was on Metformin again. I remembered that my moods evened out a LOT on the Met, so I thought it was worth a try. Oh the confusion.
Can sugar highs and lows really do that to your body?
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know your body better than anyone else and know how it will react to high/low blood sugars, hormones, etc but in my experience YES. It can affect your mood, attitude, thought process, etc. Working in a hospital, I've seen how something like a variable blood sugar can affect 20 different people 20 different ways.
But hormones don't exactly level the playing field. It really upsets me to hear men joking about women and their hormones - they have NO IDEA what it is like to feel your mood be so unstable and really have not control over it. Not fair!!
Yes. When I was younger, I got my hypoglycemia diagnosis because my mom took me to the doctor and asked them what was making me such a jerk.
And when I have low blood sugar, my main symptom is that I get mean.
Post a Comment