For those who choose to not vaccinate their children, could you please educate me and let me know what your specific concerns are?
And if you could be really specific since I don't think it's fair to compare chicken pox to polio to pertussis. All have different issues. Thanks!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
For us my stance is that baby will be too young and too immature of an immune system. I do intend to vacinate just not right away. My plan is to wait until 6 months then use an alternative schedule for vaccines. My sibs and I all had horrid reactions to vaccines so I am hoping to delay that reaction for my little one.
Delay makes ok sense to me. I just need to understand the no vax at all stance. xo
I think delays and spacing make sense. I think you need to put your research behind that, but I have no problem with delays. In fact, with research, I may end up being pro-delay. (I've seen a Japanese study that made delays make sense. Need to check further though.)
We make our decisions on a case by case basis. A book that really helped us was the Vaccine Book by Dr Sears. Also, my husband's field of study is immunology, and he has some info on it. We use an alternate method, and dont vaccinate multiple shots at once. We investigate all the ingredients and side effects, and dont time introducing new foods, products, etc, (or even old foods that are common allergies) around vaccine time.
Post a Comment