Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dear Universe,

I know. What was I thinking bragging about my baby's new sleep habits? I will now pay the penance of every few hour wake-ups thank you. But if I promise never to do it again, will you have mercy on me?

Thanks.

A hopeful FCiF

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I know! I just blogged that she behaves in restaurants and it came back to bite me.

Rebecca said...

The, and I really do mean THE, most helpful thing anyone ever said to me about parenting was: Try not to worry too much about this phase, because it will quickly pass and be replaced by another one.

Very soon, he will be sleeping through the night regularly (Rhett was 6 months when that glorious milestone occurred; I won't tell you about Jasper except to say that was entirely MY FAULT and as soon as I quit on-demand midnight nursing, he slept through). And the sleeplessness will be a distant memory. I promise.

(It was my mom who gave me that pearl of wisdom. Moms really do know a lot, don't they?)