Occasionally I debate going a little less anonymous with my blog. I need to be able to say everything that's on my mind, and I often feel that being anonymous is the only way I can comfortably do that even though I still try to be unhurtful. (Yes, my word.) I also worry a lot about exposing my husband and child to the world at large without filters. However, there are SO many fun things E does, the pets do and that I experience at work that I censor myself from writing. Can I ask for some debate and thoughts on all your experiences of anonymous versus completely open and everything in between? And while you're at it, scroll on down and give me your milk story if you have one as well.
Loves and hugs,
FCiF
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
My blog really isn't anon at all, and many of my friends and family read it. I like it because it is a good way of keeping in touch with people. And while I am a pretty open person, I am prevented from talking about somethings for sure.
Honestly, I made the decision to not be anonymous when I first started my blog and I've never had a problem. There are a few little things I can't mention but over all it is the perfect situation for me.
I love not being anonymous. BUT, if I were you, I would do what I did. Close up this blog, put it password protected, and move to a new one, with the thought that you are no longer going to be anonymous. Then you can write with that in mind. And wordpress lets you password protect specific posts.
Besides, I want more pictures of E! And you!
I'm not sure what my advice is. I've been thinking about the same question. I thought I was pretty anonymous until I went to an adoptive families playgroup this weekend. I was talking to a new mom there and all of the sudden she asked if I had a blog. Then she told me she thought she knew which one and reads it all the time. And she was right! Kind of freaked me out. I started to wonder what information I had on my blog that gave it sway. I like being anonymous, especially right now before we've finalized. I'm interested to see what you decide.
The thing I love about a semi-anon blog is that I get to share all of the fun things and pictures. Yeah I have to filter what I say, but that's why I have another blog that is fully anon. lol! I find you make better connections with bloggers who share pictures. It makes them more real.
I personally debate back and forth about this all the time.
I just cannot bring myself to go public so to speak.
I would have to start another blog under a new account and stop my current one I think. I don't want to do that. I have so much time and energy I invested in this one.
As it is, anyone who knew me well, could probably find this one or figure out it was me easily enough.
I am anon and still censor myself.
Good points all. I know people who know me could probably figure it out, but I'm so introverted with new people, that it's hard for me to put myself completely out there for legions of "new people" to know for sure. I also don't like the idea that people could filch photos of my baby from here. A long time ago I had an "internet friend" who got completely taken by a con artist wanted by the FBI, and another was raped. So baddies do exist,a nd it freaks me out. On the other hand, there are things I miss out on. maybe I'll post my 2 favorite photos of E and me and E and Hub adn leave it at that...
It would be an especially tough decision to make when you know someone who has had those experiences.
I guess I'm more of a semi-anon. I don't use real names, and I don't think I've posted pics of mine or Hubby's face but if anyone I knew IRL stumbled across it, they would prob recognize the pictures. I did make my blog un-Google-able.
All that aside, I want to see pics of you! And E!!
Post a Comment