Sunday, February 7, 2010

And we wonder why people have problems...

The bills are still rolling in but...

What it costs to have a baby with our situations at our hospital: ~$20000.00
What our HMO paid: Little more than half
What we have to pay: ~$1000.00

Thank God my yearly out of pocket is $1200.00 - but this does not include co-pays.

9 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Elizabeth was about $32,000, I think, when I added it all up.

Christina said...

I think Annika inched up to around $35K because I had a c-section. I paid $240 since I have an HMO too.

Kristin said...

It is so freakin' expensive.

Me said...

Sounds like a sweet deal compared to what we spent on IF treatments last year!

Anonymous said...

Oh, whew. My dearest friend got herself onto her husband's insurance, so she was doubly covered, which I think brought the cost down to a few hundred. Babies are so expensive. (But so worth it, yes?)

xo
Molly
http://www.roots-andwings.blogspot.com/

Barb said...

yes they are :) just a comment on the system

Jen said...

I managed to get myself double covered by insurance just before Jillian was born. Thank goodness I did between the c section and NICU stay who knows how much I would have been out. This time around, I only have my insurance so I'm expecting higher bills.

Me said...

I got your comment on my blog. I'm not sure if you realize this but between infertility and my husband's illness we've spent more than $10K on medical expenses for three consecutive years running. If we only have $10K in out of pocket expenses to have a baby I'll be throwing a party.

Michele said...

I hear you! Our hospital bill was well over a million dollars, for me and both babies. Our insurance paid $300,000 altogether. We paid nothing, since our deductibles were already met with our IUI.