Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birthday and Question

Happy One Month Birthday E my sweet baby boy! He now weighs 8lbs, 11 oz and is 22" long. BIG boy for me!

In a somewhat related note... I am going back to work the second week of March. I need to start pumping now. How much will he need per feeding by then do you think?? How do I even begin to figure that out? He will be in daycare. :(

Oh, and after a lot of supporting evidence, self doubt and some seeming opinion to the contrary, I officially* know my baby better than my MIL! Yay! And no I will NOT give me baby bottles of lime water.(sorry if you're reading this honey. It had to be let out.)

*The officiant being me.

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Why the bottles of water, do you think? WHY?

Jamie said...

Lime water? Very strange . . .

By 12 weeks, Skeeter was eating 5-6 ounces per feeding and eating about every three hours (from 6am to 8pm). He eats about 32 ounces a day.

When he was around 6 weeks old I dropped his 10pm feeding and he would sleep from 8pm until 2am. At 8 weeks I dropped the 2am feed and he slept from 8pm until 6am (YAY!). But I kept pumping at 10pm and 2am until about a week before I went back to work (it built up quite a supply for my freezer!). Well, I quit pumping at 2am but I still pump every night before I go to bed. If he starts sleeping longer and skipping feedings, pump that skipped feeding and that will give you an idea of how much he eats at a time. Does that make sense?!?!

Even now at 18 weeks, he still eats the same amount and now we are starting the add in solids. Trying to add solids, anyway. Our pedi said instead of drinking more milk as he grows, he'll eat more solids so he shouldn't require more breast milk per feeding.

Happy Birthday, E!!

Kristin said...

Lime water?!?!? WTF? Oh well, to each their own.

And, I have no doubt whatsoever that you know your baby better.

bluehairedwoman said...

I couldn't begin to remember how much L was taking in ounces, I just remember we used the small 4oz. bottles and my mom kept a stash in the freezer. Will there be ability to store frozen EBM there, or will you need to bring by daily supplies?

If you were BFing him full-time, he would let you know when he's done; but I know first-hand the delicate balance between not giving him too little vs. not wanting any precious white gold to go to waste!

I'd find out from the daycare if there will be the ability to keep a frozen stash there. That way you won't have to worry that they'll have enough for him.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am The editor/writer with physician.com. I really liked your site and i am interested in building a relationship with your site. We want to spread public awareness. I hope you can help me out. Your site is a very useful resource.

Please email me back with your URl in subject line to take a step ahead and also to avoid spam.

Thank you,
Anna Huges
editorial.physician@gmail.com
www.physician.com