Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ta Da!

I have returned from my endo appointment. My cholesterol is down BELOW WHAT IT SHOULD BE for the first time in years! My HDL is still just one point shy of preferred, but that's the closest it has been to good as well! My TSH was an amazing 1.09. My glucose is still a little high, but down about 2 points. Endo was surprised it hadn't gone down more. Iron is a smidgen low, but nothing to be alarmed about. In short, I'm the healthiest I've been (blood draw wise) for years!

This just all serves to support our decision to start treatments again. Today I made an appointment to head to the RE in may. My old RE is no longer there, so I will be seeing someone new. Wish me luck with that! DearNurse is still there though. That makes me very happy.

What also makes me happy is ovulation. It was on cycle day 31, but that's still 6 days earlier than last cycle. My fertility signs were also the best they've been in a very long time for ovulating on my own. It was all exactly as it should be, which made me happy. Yay body! (It doesn't get to hear that very often.)

And last but definitely not least, Jen gave me a camera cable, so I can post all those photos I've been hanging on to! Get ready. ;-)

13 comments:

Malloryn said...

Wow, that's a whole bunch of great news! I'm so glad that your endo appointment went well. Congrats on the awesome blood draw results too! I hope that you'll like your new RE.

Liz said...

Sounds all good. Get back on them treatments.

Kristin said...

Wonderful news. Hope this is the first of much great news to come.

Chelle said...

Yay! That is such great news. My fingers are totally crossed for your upcoming treatments. You will absolutely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mommy Shoes said...

Yay for good health news and ovulation!

Michelle said...

Wow that is AWESOME news. You did a great job! You rock! I am excited for you.

seussgirl said...

Yay for all the healthy news and signs of good to come! I'm getting a thyroid draw tomorrow; we'll see how this new dosage is going.

AwkwardMoments said...

GO BARB!! This is wonderful news. Congrats to you and your body. It makes me smile

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow, that Jen sure is handy to have around. Computer cables, brownies... Hehe, just teasing.

Way to go on the health! You've been taking such good care of yourself and it is really paying off! (Plus, you look good too.)

Barb said...

Let me get it straight that it's the Met that did all this.. not any of my hard work. I am starting to run again and such, but nothing I've done has helped like the met has.

Thanks for the support all! Good luck with the tsh crap SG!

Jamie said...

You ROCK, girl!!

I think all signs point to treatment . . . good luck with your new RE!

I am so, so happy for you.

Stephanie said...

Sounds great Barb. I'm glad the met is working for you. I'm excited that you're going to go forward with treatments, I'm rooting for you all the way! :) Keep us posted!

Me said...

What a FABULOUS good news post!!! I love it!