A brief departure from the world of "me" for some political stuff. (Well ok, only a little departure since it's still about what I think.)
I usually try to stay fairly quiet and balanced about my own leanings, but it's getting closer, and I'm not going to be able to gag myself as much. Besides, if you haven't figured out that I lean quite liberal yet, then I imagine you don't mind.
Io at Who Shot My Stork has had some very interesting political observations lately. I like it when other bloggers are eloquent. It takes any pressure off me to be the same about world events. ;}
I also recently saw this genius Daily Show clip.
Oh, and I always admired John McCain. I no longer admire his politics though and am somewhat glad he made it easier for me to make my voting decision. This video may be a bit mean spirited in places, but near the end, it illustrates quite eloquently what I liked about the man before this election, and what I don't like about him now.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Thanks for the links!! I am embarassed to admit, I am not a politically minded person. It has been my goal this year to go into this election as educated as possible. I'm trying!!
And Florida is so awesome with the voting by mail! I already voted in the primaries and I am so proud of myself for that. I get to look up every single issue and research it before I vote on it. This time, I researched every single local candidate in my county before I voted. It was ridiculous with how little was out there on them.
You're welcome Jamie!
I know Jen. It sucks. It's very hard to know for whom to vote. Luckily our HOA sometimes has speakers come from different areas, so I get to know a few of them.
Ha! I don't know how eloquent I am, but I love reading everyone's responses. This election has my blood pressure shooting out the roof. I was trying to not spew my political beliefs all over and then I finally couldn't take it anymore.
And thank god for Jon Stewart. He is so right on.
I stole Joc's clip too! It was just too good NOT to post! :D
That Daily Show clip was great -- I enjoyed their coverage of both conventions. They keep me sane. Even though I'm Canadian and can't vote, I get so worked up about this stuff!
Malloryn - DH is Canadian and feels the same way. ;) As does much of his family.
Post a Comment