Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lazy Days

I finally got my lazy beach day! I can't normally stand the direct sun on the beach for more than an hour or so, but last year I bought an umbrella. That thing is a God send! Hallelujah! We were able to soak up the perfect weather and doze under the beautiful blue sky for about four hours. I can't emphasize enough the importance of an umbrella when visiting a Florida beach.

I have a lot of things planned for the next few weekends. As a result, I don't know how much blogging I'll be doing. Right now I'm somewhere in the late 30's in my cycle (who keeps track after a while?) and I've had 6 straight days of the same temp. Loverly.

Thanks so much for the great comments on my previous post. I will reply per the usual.
xo
FCiF

8 comments:

Kara said...

Sounds amazing - a lazy day at the beach. I am with you on direct sunlight. MUST.HAVE.UMBRELLA. No seriously, otherwise I will fry like a piece of bacon. How is that for a visual?

Anywho - sounds like you will be busy with fun stuff. Lucky lady!

Malloryn said...

That sounds great. I am officially jealous of your lazy day. I hope you have some fun stuff planned over the next few weekends.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Lazy days are perfect! Did you wear the new suit? Which direction did the flowers face? Hehe.

Michelle said...

I am big advocate of the umbrella. Whenever I go to the beach with my friends I am the only one under an umbrella. I hate to fry and that is exactly what I do. I hope you have lots of fun over the next few weekends!

Jamie said...

Your day sounds wonderful! And to soak up the warmth without actually soaking up a bunch of UV rays? Perfect!

Victoria said...

azy beach day with umbrells - great. I think I'l have one Saturday, some birding too, and probaby a last swim before the Guf gets too cool for me.

Liz said...

Add a counter! Then you won't have to keep count yourself.

I want the sun, umbrella or not. This summer has been pretty awful here in Blighty.

Barb said...

Jen - wore the suit! They were on me bum! ;)

SS - Sounds great! I hope to do some birding over by the gulf soon! I actually like the gulf when it's cooler. It's too warm for me in the Summer! Maybe I'm just too used to the Atlantic. :)