So seeing photos of myself in said suit finally prompted a move to start running again. I found the free C25K app in my app store and started today. it seems totally doable, and I will keep you updated. It was awesome in that just when I thought I couldn't run anymore, it would let you walk. Here's to better health! Anyone want to do it with me and keep updating?
Monday, March 26, 2012
Not a Pretty Picture aka How I Got My Ass Moving
Tragically, the miracle swim suit did not make me look like the model. It didn't even make me look good. Why is it that when other people gain 10 pounds, I think they still look pretty good, yet when I gain 10 lbs (ok 12), I feel I look gross? I think part of it is my new (and older) body shape, and part is that my gut absorbs quite a lot of the fat. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm doing it too -- running and yoga. With the goal to be healthier by the end of the summer. Take some of the extra weight off my frame so my back doesn't hurt.
P.S. I never look like the swim suit model in those miracle suits either.
Plus these babies stretch us all out.
I tried on that exact same suit! With the same results, sounds like. It doesn't make sense - I mean the suit really ~does~ look like it would work. But I guess even $200 of Lycra can't hold up to these hips.
Good luck with the C25k! I have NEVER been a runner. Not even when I was in high school and PE was required. But I did C25k last summer because I wanted to lose some weight and needed some goals. I think it was week 7 that I had to repeat a few times before I could finally get over the hump. But stick with it because I swear - if I can do it, anyone can :-)
I tried on the most adorable swim suit last week. I really could have done without the blow to my self-esteem.
If you do fist bumps, I'm giving you one right now.
Thanks ladies!! I sure can use the boost
Post a Comment