Monday, November 10, 2008

Update

I've been crappy - no Fun Food Fridays, irregular posting, rare commenting - I'm just not very into it lately huh? I am sorry for that, but at the same time, I'm not. I've been very distracted, but it's finally in a good way. We've had quite a few visitors to our home. I've spent lots of time with friends outside our home (Hello Jen!). We're very slowly starting renovations along with the regular demanding yard work, house work and work work. bleh. Hub and I are back in stride, which means a lot more time just hangin' out together. That's always my favorite thing to do. And Christmas is coming, which means more planning for presents and the like.

By the way, Halloween was also a welcome distraction with a few new fun decorations and a higher than usual amount of little witches and ghosties.

So I'll still be here when I need to be, but home and work come first so hang in there!

And now for the updates:

Thanks for coming out of the woodwork about the kitty!! Very very unfortunately, he escaped when Hub had to open the back garage door the other day. According to Hub, he took off like a rocket and wouldn't come back. Perhaps that's why he's homeless in the first place? And even worse, he had a visit set up with a very nice lady for the next day who would have made a fabulous Mom. Darn cat. We're still keeping an eye out for him just in case. He had started to fatten up and seemed to be feeling good, but he was still stick skinny.

I'm still waiting to hear about school, and still open to low interest suggestions on how to pay for it up front until work reimburses me. (which I hope they'll do considering the economic climate). I'm also finally into a new cycle and nearing what should be the middle of it. Will I ovulate finally on Met? My hunch says no, but hey, wouldn't it be awesome if I did? At this point, I can't wait for my check up so that we can do the bloodwork and decide to stick with it or not. argh.

A new Filipino grocery opened up about a mile from our home!!! WOO HOO!! Lots of sinigang, palabok, puto, kutsinta, pan de sal, ensaymada, silver swan soy sauce, Lily peanut butter and more for us!!!!

FCiF out after that disjointed update.



5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

You know, that is exactly what happened to the stray cat I brought home when I was in college. She stayed a few days, had some good food and rested, and then took off again.

I took pictures for your Fun Food Friday, but never wrote it or posted it. So remind me when you plan to start that again, I've got one for you!

I've got my fingers crossed (and toes, arms, legs, dog's toes, etc.) that the Met works and you ovulate! Matt's back on Met too, but I bet he doesn't ovulate.

Malloryn said...

It's good to hear from you! It sounds like you've been very busy around the house and with friends. It feels good when you're in stride with your hubby, doesn't it? :)

That darn cat! Well, hopefully he'll show up again once he remembers the good food you gave him.

I hope the Met works for you this time around!

Me said...

I have no clue what any of those foods are but I'm always up for new stuff so ... YAY!

Jamie said...

I completely understand why you've been missing. Sometimes it feels good to be in step with real life. I am glad you have been enjoying it!

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Ok, you're totally making me crave for some good Filipino food now.

And poor kitty! Hope he does fine on his own. Maybe he'll find his way back to you guys, too?