Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Too much for one post

  • I cannot get things done for the life of me. I'm sorry for all of the un-returned emails, un-commented posts, and backlogged work. Why do I feel so busy?
  • We saw Twilight yesterday! I loved it! There were clumsy and corny spots, and hair and make-up definitely needed more money or expertise, but I liked it anyway. If anyone who hasn't read the books has seen it, could you let me know what you thought? I think a lot of the reason I liked it is because I knew the background to what was happening. There were a few spots in the movie where I even got the same rush I got when reading the book. The book is infinitely better of course.
  • Speaking of vampires, I visited my favorite ones today. The results of this round of bloodletting will be known the second week of December. Bring it on.
  • The graduate program I applied to lost my transcripts. I am beyond frustrated with all the hitches I've had in my application process. There's more money down the drain!
  • I've been so tired lately. I still need to do the laundry, take care of the pets, do the dishes and prep for T-day on Thursday (since I work). It's not lookin' good.
  • Speaking of "lookin' good," since dear Jen has taken to letting me know that on a regular basis, I thought I'd give you the background. The late 70's age couple next door has been pretty nice to us since we moved in. However, Mr. Late 70's has taken an uncomfortable shine to me as of late. After a particularly awkward conversation in which he repeated how cute and pretty I was multiple times, I took to avoiding him. After I convinced myself I was crazy, I saw him again, and he kissed my neck in the middle of a hug... and not the just past the cheek spot... the spot where your neck meets your shoulder. (Everyone... EEEEEEEWWWWW!) Now, every time he sees me he shouts, "Lookin' good Barb!" Thus, Jen's fun (and my self-imprisonment when he's on his porch) began.
  • I had a self-confidence attack last night and got all worried about what people think of me for an hour or two. It eased quickly, and I'm at a good spot now. I had dreams all night however about how everyone that I thought loved me secretly despised me. I guess the anxiety runs deep.

That's all for now. Talk at ya later and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING if I don't post before then!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Twilight too, although I wish they'd made it a little longer and included more from the book - strange we couldn't hear some of what Edward was hearing from the minds of others. Did you get an Edward Scissorhands kind of vibe from Jasper? xoxo

Liz said...

Twilight?

Then vampires?

Then your neighbour kisses your neck?

Be careful he'll go in for the full on blood letting next time he gets a chance.

AwkwardMoments said...

Awesome video/pictures of the space shuttle. I wanna come to your house when it lands if you can see it that well.

Ewwwwwwwww creeepy ole man .....

Sorry but the first thing I thought of when you said self confidence was .. LEAST the Ole neighbor is smitten ..... SO SORRY ..:) I had to there .... I apologize NOW!

HereWeGoAJen said...

You feel busy because you ARE busy! Plus, it is stressful to live next door to a creepy neighbor who is in love with you.

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Eeek. Haven't seen Twilight ... yet. Trying to convince Hubby to see it with me. I loved the books and ironically the first time I picked the book up was on a trip to Seattle in which we took a looong trip around Olympic National Park. Kept on thinking I would run into vampires there!

Malloryn said...

That really is worthy of an ewwww!

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving as well, and watch out for the vampires!

Anonymous said...

wow- you've got a lot going on. Or as your neighbor might say, "you've got it GOING ON!!"
heh
Hope the bloodwork comes back early with all good results!

Mirabel's Parents said...

um, double ewwww on your creepy neighbor. just reading that gave me the chills. can't imagine living through it.

didn't read twilight, didn't see the movie - but my mom felt that you wouldn't really appreciate it unless you had read the book. i might try the books out soon - everyone tells me they are a must.

Victoria said...

I'm in the middle of the book Twilight and enjoying it a bunch - plan to skip the film - usually do - because I like the images in my head from books. Hoe bloodwork is good.

Jamie said...

EWWWWWW! That is sooo creepy.

I remember going back for my bachelor's degree, I was amazed at how COMPLICATED they managed to make everything. I kept thinking to myself, "Isn't this supposed to be an institution of learning?!?! Well, sit down and let me tell you exactly what I am learning from you people!"

the Babychaser: said...

Hey, at least you know you've still got it going on, right?

Holiday stress sucks. Actually, I think the whole holiday season sucks. Can we just ffwd past it this year, please?