We're Back!
So - Odwalla. Have I done Odwalla already? Ah Hell. Who cares if I have. I'm doin' it again!
I am in love with Odwalla bars and some of the smoothies. I had the pumpkin smoothie recently. Mmmm mmm. Pumpkin pie in a bottle. Pumpkin anything makes me swoon. The smoothies can be a bit much though if you aren't used to that whey powder taste.
There are two bars however, that I think would resonate with most peoples' taste buds. They are the chocowalla bar and the sweet and salty peanut. The sweet and salty peanut is perfection in my opinion. There is none of that "off" soy or whey taste, it's full of natural, healthy ingredients, low in refined sugar and so delicious. It reminds me a little of a more subtle payday without all the bad stuff. The chocowalla has a slight tang of soy, but embedded in the chocolate bar are luscious, smooth chunks of true chocolate with little filler. That's just the thing for a choc-a-holic like me. I can almost eat pure cocoa. No joke.
So check it out! And I believe I may have another Fun Food Friday to link for you soon. :)
Hope over to see Jen's Low Carb Peanut Butter Tortillas!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Mmm...I'm a big pumpkin fan, too. :)
My fun "food" for today is actually another beverage. Since we do get real "fall" here in PA (although we seem to have almost skipped to winter again), I love hot beverages at this time of year. And I love powdered apple cider that you make like cocoa. Swiss Miss used to sell a really good one, but I can't find it anymore, so I've had to switch to Alpine. It's not as good, but I have to say it's better than Mott's. Mmm...hot apple cider; I might have to go get some now! :)
Enjoy your fall! :) Should I post some pictures of colored leaves this week for you to live vicariously?
Nope, pumpkin isn't very good at all! Those two bars sound really good though.
I finally did one! http://jenniferelaineg.blogspot.com/2008/11/fun-food-friday.html
Another fan of the pumpkin here - I live for this time of year. If I could live in a pumpkin- I would. I also love Odwalla, juices and bars.
Hope your weekend is great :-)
mmm, love odwalla!
I love the Superfood smoothie but I've never had any of the bars... I will have to try one!
Post a Comment